I have openings for PhD candidates starting August 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter. Possible topics are in high-dimensional statistics and machine learning.
- Research at the intersection of mathematical and computational statistics
- Developing and improving software implementations
- Teaching assistance for courses in mathematics and statistics
- Strong mathematical background (MSc in mathematics, statistics, or similar)
- Keen interest in theoretical and computational aspects of statistics
- Good programming skills in R, Python, or C++
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent scientific environment in a top-ranked German university
- International network and exchange opportunities
- Salaried position as a university employee
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply via email with:
- brief cover letter indicating motivation, fit, and preferred starting date,
- CV and corresponding certificates/transcripts,
- (draft of) a thesis or project report.
Women and candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. People with disabilities who are equally qualified as other applicants will receive preferential treatment.
The application deadline is May 22, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates get notified.